Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

I'm Gonna Write About Fall Out Boy So I Have To Make This Post Title Long Or Else It Wouldn't Work Out

Clever title, I know. (It's not like anyone is going to understand it, but whatever.)  Because I just wrote about my Twenty One Pilots concert, I figured I should just write about my Fall Out Boy concert while I'm on the topic.

Before I write about my actual experience, I need to address something that may or may not be obvious already.  I am Fall Out Boy trash.  I waste so much time listening to this band it's not even funny.  The thing is, when I first became a fan, I thought this would be a year phase.  It seemed like all throughout middle school each year I was obsessed with one thing.  6th grade was probably anime *cue flashbacks to my most cringeworthy stage*.  7th was probably TV shows like Supernatural or Doctor Who.  And that was also the year I became a fan of Fall Out Boy.  Back then they were just something I listened to for background noise.  Well, that didn't turn out as planned.  It's been a little over two years and I'm still obsessing over them.  Just watch this blog progressively become a Fall Out Boy blog.  This might even be a warning; it could happen.

Now my concert experience here wasn't nearly as traumatizing or exciting as Twenty One Pilots; it was relatively normal thinking back on it.  If anything, the hype before it was more exciting.  I was probably more excited because this was my first concert ever. (I'm lame, I know.)  My friend Hannah and I spent half a year waiting for their concert.  And eventually, July 30th came.  We got to the venue right on time -- the first act barely started when we got to our seats.


The opening act was Hoodie Allen. I listened to a couple of his songs before I went to the concert, so they were pretty cool to hear in real life. Even cooler, he replied to me on twitter after the show.  He really built up the hype and got me excited for the other artists.


After about an hour of being at the venue, the first main act came on stage. I'm not that big of a fan of rap, but Wiz Khalifa was actually pretty great.  I knew a couple of his songs like Black and Yellow and We Dem Boyz.  Wiz Khalifa put on a great show.  I would talk about a lot of other stuff regarding his act, but I'm not necessarily sure it's appropriate for school (haha).  My favorite song he preformed was See You Again.  I liked that one in particular because I knew all the lyrics and Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy ran out on stage and started preforming with him.  That really made me realize "Holy smokes I'm about to see my favorite band!"


And bam, within ten minutes after Wiz Khalifa, Fall Out Boy came on.  It was pretty surreal and I can't really describe how I felt.  They opened with one of their classics from 2005: Sugar We're Goin Down.  It was really amazing to be able to sing the songs I'd been listening to on the bus every morning.  The actual band was there and they were real.  I was so pumped, I never wanted the concert to end.


The songs I was most excited to hear were Dance Dance, This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race, and Saturday.  Of course I was thrilled to hear each one on their set, but I freaked out a little more than usual hearing those three.

Don't even get me started on the band themselves.  Patrick Stump, the lead singer, hit every note perfectly.  Pete Wentz, the bassist, and Joe Trohman, the guitarist, were also hella rad; they preformed with such skill.  And Andy Hurley was down right awesome.  I have a lot of respect for drummers, they not only have to be skilled in their instrument, but they also have to be physically in shape.

Overall, my Fall Out Boy concert was outstanding.  I was little disappointed they didn't interact with the crowd as much Twenty One Pilots did, but that didn't matter.  Like I said before, I was there for the music.  I'm really glad I got to see them live, and I hope to see them again soon!

2 comments:

  1. i have to comment just to tell you that i understand your title

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also understand your title

    ReplyDelete